Tuesday, December 03, 2002

In Hiding


Tuesday, 3 December 2002

I've just learned that my friend with the obnoxious neighbour has checked into casualty with a few broken bones and contusions. The official story is that he tripped and fell down an embankment while walking the dog. I'm a little skeptical of this explanation as he doesn't even have a dog.

As soon as it gets dark, I'm going to slip out to the supermarket and stock up on packet soups and frozen dinners. As long as I stay fairly quiet and keep the electricity consumption to a minimum I should be able to avoid "falling down an embankment" or "walking into a doorpost" myself over the next couple of days. I may not be able to do too much blogging, as the light from the monitor showing through the blinds might be a dead giveaway that I'm actually home.

No comments: