Saturday, January 04, 2003

A Short Enforced Absence


Saturday, 4 January 2002

Zeppo Bakunin has graciously lent me some time on his PC to catch up with blog stuff that I've missed over the past few days, due to problems I've been having with connecting from home (line quality basically). If anyone's E-Mailed me over the past couple of days and is wondering why I haven't responded, that's the basic reason: I haven't started disliking anybody any more than I may already do. Normal service should be resumed some time Monday.

Like a few other Oz bloggers, I've made a visit to the political compass site (Andrea Bell has a link). I came out -6.38 on the Economic Left/Right scale and -6.51 on the Authoritarian/Libertarian scale - I think that makes me redder than Ken Livingston. More worrying is the question of where I might have been if I'd taken the test in my youth, since the general consensus is that we get more conservative as we grow older. Somewhere out in the white space below the lower left corner, I suppose. What's really worrying is that I got this result even after I disagreed with the obvious lefty platitudes in the quiz, like the "think globally, act locally" question. Maybe I should have agreed with a few more of the obvious conservative platitudes to get to a more respectably centrist position.

No comments: