Saturday, February 25, 2006

What I Plan to be Reading as Soon as I Can Get My Grubby Hands on It

I noticed in today's Age that the second instalment in Arturo Perez-Reverte's Captain Alatriste series - Purity of Blood - is out in English translation. Furthermore, the review mentions that there's to be a Captain Alatriste film later this year with Viggo Mortensen as the captain. An obvious piece of typecasting, that - like casting Antonio Banderas to play Roald Amundsen in a remake of Scott of the Antarctic.

5 comments:

Helen said...

But is there shopping in it?

Gummo Trotsky said...

For shopping you'd have to read his Queen of the South. Lots of fashion in that one.

Joe Berenguer said...

Congratulations Friend for your excellent blog on games center!Keep up the good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
games center
I send you my warm regards and wish you continued success.
Have a nice day! :-)

web page hosting said...

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BLOGGERSSSSSS..

I would like to tell everyone I know about a new web site for web page hosting... If you are looking on ways to mkae money starting a business and need a site to host it on . Visit http://webhost-er.com/ Today

Jase said...

Thanks for the news about the next book, I thought the first one was great. I think Depardieu might make a good Alatriste, but I think that since the Lord of Rings series Mortensen will find himself in a lot of swashbucklers and such.