Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Qu(ot)e?

Feminist women sometimes take the attitude that men just can't take being intellectually inferior to themselves.
Mark at OzConservative.

I know exactly what he means - I've been feeling intellectually inferior to myself all morning and it's not much fun at all. The only good part is that once in a while I get to feel intellectually superior to myself.

There is no evidence that Hicks committed an act of terrorism, though he received more terrorist training than almost any other white man.
Paul Kelly in The Oz.

Well, obviously he didn't mean it that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder what he did mean...

also, blatantly wrong: the graduates of the "school of the america's" were streets ahead of any one in terror tactics, except they were on america's side. does that count?

to be fair, some were not entirely white.

Anonymous said...

I noticed the confusing grammatical construction myself the morning after I wrote the post. I left it, though, because the intended meaning seemed clear to readers.

Gummo, don't stray too far from politics. It's a more interesting field than grammar.