Saturday, November 23, 2002

More Perils of Modern Life


Saturday, 23 November 2002

One of my serious researcher friends E-Mailed me this report of the hazards of lap-top computers. After reading it, I was glad that I never succumbed to the fad for silk boxer shorts but stuck with the old reliable cotton jocks. All the same, I think I might go to the local hardware store or the army disposals to get a fire safety blanket before I next place a lap-top computer anywhere near the Trotsky family jewels.

Afterword: speaking of family jewels I can't resist passing on this personal anecdote. A few years ago I went into the back yard one Sunday morning for a quiet moment of cigarette-assisted reflection. I was sitting on a low step near the back door, with only a towelling bathrobe to preserve my modesty. Our young tom cat came to me and rubbed himself against my legs. I didn't pay too much attention when he then slipped under the dangling hem of the bathrobe. The kittenish playfulness that followed soon convinced me that this was a mistake.

No comments: