Monday, July 07, 2003

Qu(ot)e?



I think it was a disastrous decision and I'm glad that, I think we're all glad that Canon John has stood down, though we are sorry for the man himself, who should not have been put into this situation. I think it's very difficult for him and I'm glad he's taken this decision. At this early stage it looks like this is going to avert a crisis that was growing in the United Kingdom especially, as well as in the international Anglican communion.

Bishop Robert Forsythe of the New South Wales Right of the Anglican Church, speaking on AM this morning. Speaking personally, I feel sorry for Bishop Forsythe, who should not have been put into the situation of having to offer public comment on the issue of Canon John's appointment as Bishop of Reading.

No comments: