Monday, April 09, 2007

Among My Souvenirs

One of the things that Helga and I found while we were going through those boxes of old unwanted papers, was an old Herald banner that caught my eye one winter evening when I was walking to Flinders Street Station to catch the train home from work. The next day, on my morning break, I walked round to the newsagency where I'd seen it displayed, and asked if I could have it. The newsagent thought that was a bit of an odd request, but he was happy to hand it over.

I've just done a hunt around the house, to see if I brought it home with me - no luck, so it probably went into the recycle bin. A pity, that, because it's just occurred to me that it was quite a valuable bit of ephemera and might have brought a few readies in if I sold it on E-Bay. Here's a quick mock-up:

THE HERALD
HOW I ATE
MY FRIENDS!
VIETNAM
REFUGEE
TELLS

Thinking about it today, I got to wondering whether Muslims would be considered halal, or haram - and what about infidels?

No comments: